CHHA TRAINING CERTIFICATION & LICENSE REINSTATEMENT COURSE
The CHHA course consists of 60 hours of class lecture done remotely and 16 hours of training in our on-site skills lab. Once training is complete, students will have the knowledge and skills required by the New Jersey Board of Nursing to become a Certified Home Health Aide. Once you have completed this course, we will assist you with the state application to get approved for your CHHA certificate.
* If your Certified Home Health Aide license has expired, you are still required to pay the $399 course fee and the $80 application fee to reinstate your license. You may be required to retake the training class, please call for details to discuss your specific situation.
- You will need a computer with access to the internet for the first 60 hours of the training course.
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- All applicants must be either a U.S. citizens or legal alien qualified to work in the U.S.
- All applicants must have the ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- All applicants must be must be physically capable of participating in class work such as lifting, transferring patients out of bed, giving bed baths, aiding transfers for those with limited mobility, and other patient related care.
- The NJ Board of Nursing requires that all applicants be current on child support obligations, not be in default of student loans, not been convicted on any “Disqualify Crimes”.
- The NJ Board of Nursing requires that all applicants pass a criminal background check and be fingerprinted as a part of the application process.
Open enrollment. We offer a socially distanced class room with your safety in mind. Please call our office for availability in our upcoming clinical classes (201) 375-8551.
We accept Cash and Credit Card payments. Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
*All NJ HHA applicants are required to pay an additional $80 processing fee for the HHA certification application to the NJ Board of Nursing, please note this fee is NOT included in your tuition. This $80 fee is paid directly to the State of NJ at the time your application is submitted. This fee must be paid by credit card or debit card as the Board of Nursing no longer accepts paper applications effective May 1, 2018. All applications must be submitted through the State of NJ’s on-line portal.
- Birth Certificate or US Passport
- Social Security Card for Verification
- Non-US Citizens – Green Card/Permanent Resident Card or Work Authorization
- Passport Photo – 2”x2” passport photo *this must be an official passport photo
*Below is taken directly from the NJ Consumer Affairs website:
“Please be advised that starting May 1, 2018, ALL applicants who wish to become a Certified Homemaker-Home Health Aide (CHHA) must apply for initial certification, with the Board of Nursing, ONLINE only. Paper applications for initial certification will no longer be accepted on or after May 1st. Additionally, the Board of Nursing has eliminated the conditional/temporary work certification, so ALL applicants MUST undergo a criminal background check prior to beginning employment as a CHHA.”
If you would like to register or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: (201) 375-8551
Interested in learning more about our programs?
For more information, please call or click contact us below: